Flickr is a photo sharing website and mobile application. Most people know it as a social networking site where you can share pictures. You can open an account, blog, share through twitter, etc. Not only is it just a place where you can go and post pictures but it is also a place where you can get pictures. It is easy to use, you can download pictures without having an account and going through the copyright issues. I can see educational purposes for Flickr in both the classroom and research. Over the semester I will be getting into some of these different purposes.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Rakeem!
DeleteAs strange as it might seem, I do not know much about Flickr. I am still at the moment trying to understand Instagram, neither of which I have an account. I am very interested in learning more about Flickr and how it can be used in the classroom particularly. I think having the ability to use apps to post pictures for example a science lesson with experiments could be neat. The students could post pictures and as you said, could then blog about what happened in the experiments in some way. I will be looking forward to reading your posts and discovering how I can utilize this app.
Thanks for posting,
Alex
I have never thought of using Flickr and/or Instagram for educational purposes in my classroom. I know I have said it before but, I look forward to learning more about it and how it can be incorporated into lessons. I have not asked my students about it yet because I am usually surprised as to how much they typically know about various apps. Thanks for the post!
ReplyDelete