I know last time I started talking about the advantages to using E-books to our learning benefits. But this week I figured I would try to find the disadvantages to using them. In my search I found this website ( http://www.sunflowerbookfest.com/disadvantages-of-e-books ) which talked about a few examples of disadvantages that are out there...
- E-book reading devices are certainly more expensive compared to imprinted books.
- Screen glare and eyestrain
- E-books have unreliable life span
- E-books based on hardware and software and are more easily damaged than a imprinted book
- Internet link or battery power that is needed by a good e-book reader is readily available, then its electronic paperwork are useless
These are just some of the small simple disadvantages to using a E-book over a regular hard copy book. And ill try to find more pros and cons for the rest of my blogs.

These are very interesting 'cons' to E-Books. I think that it would depend on how they are used. In many cases an E-Book can be read aloud to a student and the student could follow along. That would be a huge advantage for many. However, there may be students who truly enjoy reading a hard-cover book and get more out of that. Maybe it could be a choice given to students as to whether they want to read a hard copy or an E-Book if available?
ReplyDeleteThank you Rakeem!
ReplyDeleteEven though E books are becoming popular, I am a traditional books kind.
Hi Rakeem,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed how you provided the cons to your topic. I did not think of as many faults that some eBooks have. I think the two most significant cons that occur with eBooks are the unreliable battery life and the hardware/software problems that may occur when trying to read. Although there are these issues I think they are still very useful in the classroom, especially for students who have to use several books for individual classes. The eBook keeps they all in one place and is light in weight for less strain on their backs. Although I did like the idea that Melissa stated to give the students a choice to use either an eBook or a standard book.
Thank you for your post,
Alex