Thursday, October 23, 2014

E-books


My new topic for the rest of the semester is E-books. I chose this topic because it is a great assistive learning devices. The online definition of an E-book is: 
  1. an electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose

Basically instead of having an hard copy of the book you can have it on your computer or mobile device. There are alot of positives and negatives to this assistive technology and that is what I will be digging in deeper to for the rest of my blogs. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rakeem,

    This is a great topic of choice! Particularly with today's younger generation, students are increasingly familiarizing themselves with different technologies, including reading from handheld devices such as ipads, kindles, nook, and even phones. Many schools now allow students to gain access to e-books, particularly for textbooks. I think it is a more effective way to transport books to and from schools, plus it keeps them all in one place. I am looking forward to learning more about this topic as the weeks progress. Thank you for sharing!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rakeem,
    Great topic! I know that e book is becoming more involved in our life. I didn't like that format at the beginning, I like to read with a pen, I would mark and write on the margins. However, now I got use to it, it saves a lot :)
    Thank you
    Sammya

    ReplyDelete
  3. E-books are something I have used almost exclusively in place of hard copy books lately. Not only am I able to obtain them quicker but they tend to be less expensive. Most of the information I get is from my computer anyways so when it comes to books I see this as the optimal way read. Although, sometimes I do get nostalgic and do want an old fashioned book, but more often than not, it's e-readers.

    ReplyDelete